Segway Inc. (Segway), the world’s leading provider of electric personal transportation and a wholly owned subsidiary of Ninebot Limited (Ninebot), continues the expansion of its consumer product lines with the launch of the Segway Drift W1, the first product in its brand-new e-Skates category.
A Press Conference to introduce their new product “Segway Drift W1 e-Skates” was held on July 24, 2018 at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel, Los Angeles, CA. Guests, Influencers and Press were invited to see the new product launch and experience themselves of how the e-Skates works.
CEO Gao Lufeng took the stage and spoke in Chinese and then Director of Sales Randy Ayala did a second presentation in English.
From Segway‘s Website:
“The Next Big Trend
The new Segway Drift W1 e-Skates use Segway’s proven, stable self-balancing technology (built on more than 800 patents), giving it an unparalleled technological advantage. The Segway Drift W1 brings all the fun and coolness you expect from Segway’s consumer products line combined with the high-quality engineering consumers expect from the Segway brand. Perfect for the young generation who dare to stand out and create new trends.”
“The Segway Drift W1 e-Skates are lightweight, portable and extremely unique. Designed for maximum comfort and fun the Drift W1 is the perfect product to usher in a new type of personal transportation.”
- ANSI/CAN/UL 2272
- See user manual for all certifications
- Dual Charging – Charge both e-Skates at one time with the included dual charger cable
- Easy to Carry – Lightweight and small for easy portability
- Weight – Net (single wheel) : ~7.7 lbs (3.5 kg)
- Size (single wheel) : ~11.5″ x 6″ x 5″ (29 cm x 16 cm x 12 cm)
- Max Speed : ~7.5 mph (12 km/h)
- Typical Riding Time (Depends on riding style and terrain) – 45 minutes
Ninebot GoKart Kit Launch
Ayala introduced a second Product Launch called the Ninebot GoKart Kit.
From Segway‘s Website:
“The Ninebot Gokart Kit is one of the most unique accessories we’ve ever released. By attaching your miniPRO base to the kit you’re able to enjoy a fully-functional gokart, able to reach top speeds of up to 15 MPH. With an adjustable frame length and a maximum payload of 220 lbs, parents and kids alike will be able to enjoy the experience.”
“Using the Segway app you can access the New Rider Tutorial, control lighting, speed settings, update firmware and more. ”
- Adjustable – Adjust the length of the frame to suit your needs
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Feature controls and firmware upgrades via the Segway App
- Multiple Speed Settings – Choose from Novice, Standard and Sporty modes to suit your top speed needs.
- ~61 lbs (28 kg)
- Size – After extension (Max): 54 in × 32 in × 24 in (14 cm × 82 cm × 60 cm)
- Max Speed – 15 mph (24 km/h)
- Range – Depends on riding style and terrain
After the Press Conference, Lufeng & Ayala met guests at the hotel’s pool area where everyone can experience the E-Skates. A mini race track was set up for the GoKart’s.
Lufeng conducted interviews with the press and photo opportunities.
Ayala interacted with guests and answered questions about the E-Skates and GoKart’s.
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE THE EXPERIENCE
Article, Photos and Video by Jesse Watrous Photography and Media
Video Edited by Easily Amused Group productions
Article, Photos and Video are © Jesse Watrous
All Rights Reserved.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written permission from Jesse Watrous of Jesse Watrous Photography and Media is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts, links, and photos may be used, provided that full and clear credit, which include watermark/logo on all photos, is given to Jesse Watrous of Jesse Watrous Photography and Media with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.